2 C. Project Management Techniques

• Creator
    Topic

This forum is restricted to members of the associated course(s).

Célia Ishida
    Participant

I know that this unit is tested at the basic level, but I miss some information in the textbook.

For exemple:

• Even if PERT and CPM have the same general purpose, they have differences, What are the differences? I didn’t find in the material.
    • The project life-cycle can have different stages, names and purposes.
    • More than just guidelines, there are knowledge areas and process group that will be used to achieve the project objectives.
    • All projects will face same change management issues, what kind of situation could be identify?
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brian Hock
    HOCK international

Hello, Celia Ishida,

The information that is in the book is really what you need to know for this topic.

The difference between PERT and CPM is slight and for the Exam there is no need to consider them different.

The project life-cycle is outlined in the Textbook:

The project life-cycle consists of the following stages:
    • Conceptualization is the setting of project goals and objectives.
    • Planning is organizing facilities and equipment, personnel and task assignments, and scheduling.
    • Execution is the actual work that is performed.
    • Termination occurs when the project is released to the end user and project resources are redistributed.

I am not really sure that I understand what you are asking in the 3rd and 4th points. Can you please expand that a bit so I can understand what you are asking.

Brian

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.