Student Forums CIA Part 1: Essentials of Internal Auditing Section IV: Quality Assurance and Improvement Program 13. Question ID: CIA 0815 I.026 (Topic: A. Required Elements of QAIP)

13. Question ID: CIA 0815 I.026 (Topic: A. Required Elements of QAIP)

• Creator
    Topic

This forum is restricted to members of the associated course(s).

Lisa Kedigh
    Participant

I am not sure I understand this question.  

Which of the following is part of an internal audit activity’s quality assurance and improvement program, rather than being included as part of the CAE’s other responsibilities?

• A. Management approves a formal charter establishing the purpose, authority, and responsibility of the internal audit activity.
    • B. The CAE provides information about and access to internal audit workpapers to the external auditors to help them understand and determine the degree to which they may rely on the internal
      auditors’ work.
      wrong
    • C. Each individual internal auditor’s performance is appraised at least annually.
    • D. Supervision of an internal auditor’s work is performed throughout each audit engagement.correct

Your Incorrect Answer Explanation for B:

This statement relates to the responsibility of the CAE to coordinate with external auditors (Standard 2050 and related Practice Advisory 2050-1).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brian Hock
    HOCK international

Hello, Lisa,

This question is asking which of these 4 choices are part of the QAIP and not part of other duties of the CAE. Or, maybe a better way of looking at it is that if there was only a QAIP (and no other duties for the CAE), which of these would they do as part of that QAIP work.

For choice A, the Charter is not part of the QAIP duties of the CAE.
    For choice B, this is part of the CAE’s responsibilities for coordinating the work of other assurance providers.
    For choice C, this is part of managing their staff.

It is choice D that is part of the work that is done in the QAIP.

Does this help?

Brian

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.