Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Exam Registration & Fees
This page provides an overview of the fees and registration process for taking the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exams. If you have any questions about the fees or registration, please contact us and we will be glad to help.
What is the cost of taking the CMA exams?
There are four separate fees for taking the CMA exams:
- IMA Membership: $245 annually (discounts are available for students, academics, and young professionals)
- IMA Registration Fee: $15 one-time payable with your first year of membership
- CMA Exam Entrance Fee: $250 (good for 3 years)
- CMA Exam Registration Fee: $415 per Part
Therefore, the minimum cost to become a CMA is $1,315, assuming that you pass both exams on your first attempt and within your first year.
Once you have your CMA certification, you must maintain your IMA membership and earn the required CPE every year. Failure to maintain your membership and CPE will result in removal from the ICMA's records of certified members.
When should I register for the CMA exams?
We recommend that you wait to register for the exam until 6-8 weeks before you are ready to sit for your first exam part. The reason for waiting is that after you pay the CMA Entrance Fee, you only have 3 years to pass both parts. So, by waiting to register you you can give yourself more time to complete your exams.
How do I register for the CMA exams?
To register with the IMA and to take your first exam, follow these steps (steps 1-3 can be paid in one transaction in the IMA Online Store):
- Join the IMA ($220 annually, plus $15 your first year): http://www.imaonlinestore.com/personifyebusiness/Membership.aspx
- Pay the CMA Entrance Fee ($250): http://www.imaonlinestore.com/personifyebusiness/OnlineStore/ProductListing/tabid/56/category/ENTRANCE/Default.aspx
- Register for the CMA Exam ($415): http://www.imaonlinestore.com/personifyebusiness/OnlineStore/ProductListing/tabid/56/category/EXAMS/Default.aspx
- After you register for the exam, you will receive an authorization number. The authorization number is needed to schedule your appointment with Prometric.
- Schedule your exam appointment with Prometric: https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/icma/Pages/landing.aspx
- Review the Instructions to Candidates for what to expect on exam day as well as what you should and should not bring with you to the exam.
What if I need more information about the CMA exam, requirements, procedures, etc.?
For complete information about the CMA exams, including requirements, registration procedures, exam fees, candidate resources and content outlines, download the ICMA’s CMA Handbook (PDF). Some of the information on this page is taken from the CMA Handbook.