Dear CMA Candidates,
I am pleased to announce that we are launching my very first CMA online class in January 2020 – CMA with Brian!
I have been helping CMA candidates around the world pass their exams for 20 years. In the past few years, HOCK and other CMA providers have been focused on self-study materials. In this term, the key word is “self,” which means that you are supposed to do the studying by yourself. Though this is absolutely possible, no matter how good the materials are, there is a lot of pressure going through the process alone.
Years of experience, analysis, and interaction with thousands of CMA candidates has led me to the following conclusion: it is much easier to prepare for and pass professional exams when you are supported in live classes with a teacher who can not only answer your questions and provide extra explanations, but also keep you motivated and focused as you study. Having scheduled classroom hours each week with your teacher and group greatly improves you chances of staying on track studying and passing your Exam. And that is why you are studying – to pass your Exam on your first attempt.
If you have been self-studying and looking for just that little extra to stay focused and motivated, I have great news for you – you don’t have to do it on your own anymore. I will make certain that you are supported and confident as you progress through the materials. I will lead you, motivate you, and make certain that every question you have while studying is answered. And most importantly, I will make sure that on the day of your exam, you will wake up confident about passing your exam.
Starting in January we will have groups for Part 1 and Part 2. The classes will finish at the end of April so that you will be ready to pass your Exam(s) in the May/June Exam Window. We will have one class session per week in which I will outline what you will be studying, give you things to look for and be ready for, and even answer some of the questions that you will have before you have the question. In addition, each week I will have an office hour where I will be available online for you to ask any specific questions that you have – whether about the exam content or how you have been studying and what you might be able to do differently. Between the classes and the office hours, you will have all of the access you need to the decades of experience that I have helping candidates like you pass the Exam.
The number of students in each class is limited so please register as soon as you can to reserve your spot.
If you have not yet purchased the HOCK CMA Complete materials, you can purchase CMA With Brian and get all of the CMA Complete materials here: https://www.hockinternational.com/shop/cma-with-brian/
If you already have HOCK study materials, you just need to upgrade your materials. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can let you know what you will need to do to be part of CMA With Brian.
I hope to see you in my upcoming classes and I am looking forward to helping you pass your Exams.
Brian Hock, CMA, CIA
President of HOCK international
The HOCK office will be closed on Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th, 2019 in observance of Thanksgiving. We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday! Limited email support will be available over the long weekend.
Do you want to stay current with the latest news, updates, tips, and special offers from HOCK for the CMA, CPA, and CIA exams? If so, be sure to follow HOCK on your favorite social media network!
HOCK India is offering Live Virtual Classes for only 20,000 INR per part for students who have purchased CMA materials from HOCK. Classes will be after Indian working hours (9:30 p.m to 10:30 p.m.) by veteran CMAs with teaching and industry experience, starting in late April.
Other important details about these classes:
- Classes will be conducted in WebEx accessible from the comfort of home.
- Recordings will be sent after each live class for review.
- Students get access to HOCK live classes until they pass both Parts.
- Students receive admin support for IMA payments as well as promotions from HOCK India.
Contact email@example.com with questions about the courses or to sign up.
HOCK international is very pleased to announce the opening of our first official office in India. The HOCK India office will offer CMA, CPA, and CIA classes with HOCK-approved Indian instructors, provide materials for self-study locally, and work with other institutions and Universities who want to use HOCK materials in their classes. Certification expert Bhaswati Bhattacharya brings her years of certification experience as head of the new HOCK India office.
The first CMA classes run by HOCK India will be starting in November and will be offered online for only 50,000 INR for both Parts, including authentic HOCK materials access. The online interactive classes will be available from home computers after Indian working hours.
The web site for the HOCK India office is just getting started, but will be expanded over the coming weeks with additional information, so check back regularly for updates at http://www.hockindia.com/ or follow HOCK India on Facebook. You can get the latest information on upcoming classes, learn more about the instructors, and send a request for a personal contact about the upcoming classes.
We are very excited to bring HOCK to India, and look forward to starting the first official HOCK classes in India later this year!
Special thanks to the IMA Dubai Chapter team for hosting Brian Hock, president of HOCK international, at their monthly meeting in September. Brian gave a talk on the importance of professional certifications and why you need one in your professional career.
Thank you to the 180 future exam candidates who came to the joint HOCK international / Sarh Al-Joman presentation in Amman, Jordan about professional certifications and why they are important. Anyone in Amman, Jordan looking to pursue an accounting certification is welcome to contact Sarh Al-Joman for their latest course schedules. Sarh Al-Joman is a HOCK international preferred partner, offering the highest quality instruction and authentic HOCK materials.
Brian Hock speaking in Amman, Jordan.
Dr. Husam Al-Kahadash and Brian Hock posed for a picture between events to showcase the joint HOCK international / Sarh Al-Joman logo.
HOCK international is very pleased to announce the opening of our first official office in the United Arab Emirates. The HOCK UAE office will offer classes in Dubai with HOCK-approved instructors, provide materials for self-study locally, and work with other institutions and Universities who want to use HOCK materials in their classes. Former HOCK student Ahmed Farouk and his business partner Fouad Ahmed are heading the new office and are already working on a number of strategic partnerships in Dubai.
The first CMA classes run by HOCK UAE will be starting in July! More information about registration, pricing, etc. will be announced soon. This group will be taught by Ahmed Farouk and will be supported by Brian Hock and the entire HOCK team.
The web site for the HOCK UAE office is just getting started, but will be expanded over the coming weeks with additional information, so check back regularly for updates at http://www.hockuae.com/. You can get the latest information on upcoming classes, learn more about the instructors, and send a request for a personal contact about the upcoming classes.
We are very excited to bring HOCK to Dubai and the UAE, and look forward to starting the first official HOCK classes in Dubai next month!
On March 3rd, 2018, HOCK international and the Jordanian Association of Certified Public Accountants (JACPA) signed an MOU to promote professional accounting certifications with discounts for JACPA members on materials from HOCK international and training from Sarh Al-Joman.
We look forward to working with the JACPA and helping JACPA members enhance their careers in cooperation with Sarh Al-Joman Training.
Six months ago I started my CMA journey when I finally found the strength to overcome my procrastination and the fear of failing the challenge of studying for the CMA exam. Having recently passed CMA Part 1 with a score of 430 using the HOCK materials, I wanted to share my experience in case it might help other CMA candidates.
After buying the HOCK Materials with the Videos, the best tip I got from reading the Study Plan was that “preparing for the CMA is like preparing for a marathon”. Being an avid runner and knowing the “mental challenge” behind a marathon, I started by carefully reviewing the Study Plan, understanding how it is laid out, and the commitment required to succeed. When running marathons, you don’t think about mile 26 when you’re at mile 5, but rather you break the longer course into small segments. Having graduated 13 years ago, having a family, and having a very demanding job, I could have not made it successfully without the HOCK method and materials. Here are some tips that I adopted to stay focused:
- I kept reminding myself why I was willing to put all the time and effort in earning the CMA credential. “What will I gain out of it once I cross the finish line?”
- I let all of my friends, family, and colleagues know that I was preparing for the CMA exams. They were all a great source of support and encouragement and would understand if sometimes I “had to study” instead of doing something else.
- The HOCK study plan should be followed meticulously: it will “break down” the long marathon into smaller segments that are much easier to manage.
- I had all the individual Parts organized into folders on my iPad, and used software to highlight and make annotations on the PDF.
- I liked to report the milestones of the study plan onto a calendar/planner and always have it in front of me – it helped to know where I was in the overall preparation, with a good “visual” on the progress towards intermediate and final targets.
- I made study sheets for each part of the materials using pen and paper. It is proven that “what goes through your hand, goes through your brain.” Printing out the most challenging questions and explanations helps solidify the material in your brain, and I made sure I had the MCQ printouts next to the study sheets for cross referencing.
- The MCQs and essays should be taken as you progress through the study plan. When going over the MCQs, use the strategy suggested by the ICMA and HOCK: weed out the obvious “no good” choices, think about the possible correct ones, and if you’re unsure mark the question and come back at the end if time allows.
- Organize your study time and space: during the week I studied 40 minutes in the morning before work and 40 minutes over lunch-breaks (not at my desk, because I would get distracted by phone and emails). In the evening at home I would study 1 to 2 hours, in the usual same spot dedicated to the CMA study (no mobile phone allowed). Over the weekends I would get up early and study a couple hours in the morning, then about 1 hour after lunch and finally 2-3 hours in the evening. Discipline and consistency make a huge difference.
- I scheduled my exam on a Monday, and took the preceding Thursday and Friday off from work. I had 4 full days to go over all of the materials, practice MCQs and essays, and I felt confident about my solid preparation. Eating healthy, sleeping well, and exercising helped over the last 4 days, but were also crucial over the entire 4 months of preparation.
On exam day you are giving it all of your effort. No downtime is allowed: taking a break does not stop the clock from ticking, so there is no time to waste. I sat for 4 straight hours, very focused, relying on my preparation and on a very balanced breakfast (it is important to keep energy flowing to your brain over the 4 hours of the test).
Waiting for almost 2 months for the exam results was hard, because you just have to “wait” and there is not much more you can do. I used this period of time to:
- Recover from the effort, especially for the very first couple days after the exam.
- Catch up with family time and friends.
- Catch up with work.
I am now starting my next four-month journey to prepare for CMA Part 2; passing Part 1 gave me a lot of confidence and feedback about the methodology I adopted. Also, since I will be self-studying again, this experience gave me solid feedback about the reliability of the HOCK Materials and study plan.
I sincerely hope that my experience will help others—and good luck to all CMA candidates!
Giuseppe Venezia, future CMA